Fontana delle Tette ( The Tits Fountain)

One of the most photographed subjects in the Marca trevisana region “Joyous and loving” (Ref. Rolandino of Padua Chronicle of the Trevisan March). The Fountain of the Tits dates back to 1559, built after a severe drought and ordered by the high official of the Venice Republic. Every year, to celebrate a new high official (Podestà), for three days, and for free, red and white wine would flow from each breast. This would, of course, make people quite cheery and happy. It was rebuilt in 1989, the one we visit in the courtyard of Zignoli Palace is a copy. The original can be found in a glass case under the famous cloister at the Three Hundred Palace.