VILLA GRIMANI-MOROSINI-GATTERBURG

OUR STORY

The Villa was built by the Grimani family in 1570, as a haven near the cities of Padua, Treviso, Venice and Castelfranco, and provided shelter to Fapanni and his family when they were forced to leave the city of Brescia. The Villa was restored in 1680 and became the “farming branch” of Villa Grimani in Martellago (Ca’ della Nave). Over the centuries, the Villa was restored and renewed a number of times (in 1681, 1709, 1737, 1817, 1837), as well as undergoing several changes of ownership. Finally, 100 years after the death of countess N. D. Loredana Morosini Gatterburg in 1884, the Villa was acquired by the current owners who, through a conservative restoration, saved the estate from dereliction. The Villa hosts the Four Seasons (plaster) by Danish Neoclassical sculptor A. Thorvaldsen. Currently the Villa hosts a B&B, events, concerts, as well as guided and educational tours. The Villa can also be reached by public transport: it is located near the belfry of the church in Albaredo, 600 meters from the Albaredo train station (along the Treviso-Vicenza railway) and 150 meters from the bus stop.

 

INFORMATION

 Individual visitors and groups

 

Booking required

Visiting the Historical Gardens

Not available

Entrance ticket

Entrance fee: € 3,00 adults

Entrance fee: free children under 7

Architectural barriers

Partly inaccessible

 Accommodation

B&B Villa Grimani Morosini Gatterburg – 2 rooms – 4 beds + 2

 Restaurant service

Third-party catering service on request, max. 80 seats. 

CONTACTS

ADDRESS : Via Gazzie 9 , Albaredo di Vedelago (TV)

To information CONTACT to : 0423 481620 ; 336 643446

e-mail : villagrimani@villagrimani.eu

Web site : www.villagrimani.eu

 

 

WHERE WE ARE

11 + 13 =

JOIN IN THE VILLA'S WEB SITE

CLICK HERE