VILLA SANDI

Click for Villa Sandi

Villa Sandi, a splendid Palladian-style building dating back to 1622, is perfectly integrated in a magnificent agricultural landscape and pays homage, today as then, to the history of the location. In this area, nature and architecture are in symbiosis; Villa Sandi summarizes the harmonic relationship between man and environment.The road leading up to the entrance is lined with statues of the famous Venetian sculptor Orazio Marinali, whose works also decorate the gable and back garden. The impressive entrance hall, supported by four ionic columns, embellishes the main building, overlooking two porticoed Barchesse (a detached house used to keep tools and other service equipment) and a small church.The villa, a cultural heritage of the Treviso territory, is an example of the union between art and agriculture, which has characterized the Venetian landscape of the past centuries. The great value of the rooms, where original Murano chandeliers shine, and where illustrious guests such as Napoleon Bonaparte, Antonio Canova, as well as the painter Schiavoni, writers Caccianiga and Corso have resided, bear witness to the memories of a glorious and aristocratic past.Villa Sandi is located at the foot of the Treviso hills, between the renowned Wine Regions of the Prosecco of Valdobbiadene D.O.C.G. and the Montello D.O.C.