Click here for the S.S. Pietro e Paolo Convent

The Benedictine monastery complex found against the city wall at the foot of the hill the fortress stands on, was occupied by monks from 1634 to 1807. After that, it was converted into a boarding school and became the headquarters of the city schools, which it continued to be until the new scholastic building was built near the hospital. The church and annexed monastery took the name S. Luigi for a while after the conversion of the complex into a school and young people’s meeting point. It was recently given back its original name. Today, the complex is home to prestigious master’s courses organised by CIMBA (Consortium Institute of Management and Business Analysis), a consortium of thirty-seven American Universities.