The Museum is right next to the City Hall Library, it was the Saint  Jerome Jesuit Convent in the 1500’s, it also belonged to the Order of Discalced Carmelites until the end of the 1600’s.The inaugural year coincided with the demolition of the nearby church, the divestiture of the Carmelites convent. The museum internal spaces were divided depending on the works exhibited, there is an archeological section, a picture gallery and the City Hall Gallery of Modern Art.