THE ALTARPIERCE OF SAINT OSVALDO
The altarpiece of S. Osvaldo, painted in 1750 by Tiepolo in collaboration with his son Giandomenico, is located in the Church of Merlengo. This work was restored in 1857 by the artist Tagliapietra under the order of the parish priest Massimiliano Donati. Due to the unfolding of the Second World War, as well as the presence of German troops in the territory, the Altarpiece of S. Osvaldo was moved from the altar where it had been placed in the crypt of the Cathedral of Treviso. The painting was returned to the Church of Merlengo only on 23 March 1946, in excellent condition.