Palazzo Trecento

The palace was built around 1185 as an assembly room for different agencies within Treviso City Hall.
Through the years it was the Consuls’ Court, a place for the magistrate to deal out justice, headquarters for the Council (which took the name Palace of the Reason) and headquarters for the supreme Court of Civic Assizes, made by 300 members (Major Council), thus the name Palace of the 300.
In 1944 bombardments the building was heavily damaged, frescoes and the structure were destroyed so badly that at the time they thought of demolishing and rebuilding. Thanks to the superintendent Ferdinando Forlati, it was decided to restore the walls and reconstruct the missing ones. The rebuilt  row of bricks, on the perimetrical walls has been set back to differentiate the newer from the original walls.